Philips Lumea Advanced works wonders to prevent the reappearance of hair on the body. Gentle pulses of light, applied regularly, keep skin silky-smooth every day.
- What is IPL?IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. Philips Lumea applies gentle pulses of light to the hair root, putting the follicle into a resting phase. Therefore, the amount of hair your body grows gradually decreases. Repeating the treatment leaves your skin beautifully hair free and smooth. Treatment to prevent hair regrowth is safe and gentle, even on sensitive areas. Philips Lumea is clinically tested and developed with dermatologists for easy and effective treatment, from the comfort of your own home.
- Who is it suited to?It works effectively, easily and safely on a wide variety of hair and skin types. It works on naturally dark blonde, brown and black coloured hairs and on skin tones from very white to dark brown. As with other IPL based treatments, Philips Lumea cannot be used to treat white/grey, light blonde or red hair and is not suitable for very dark skin. This is due to the high contrast required between the pigment in hair colour and pigment in the skin tone.
- Where can you treat?The Lumea Advanced is suited for body use such as, arms, legs, underarms, belly and bikini. Due to the high power output it delivers, it is not suited to facial hair removal. It can take approximately 15 minutes to treat both legs.
- No. of flashes‘Flashes’ is IPL speak for the longevity of the product. The Lumea Advanced delivers 250,000 lamp flashes which equates to approximately 10 years of use.
- Be hair-free for at least 3 months*Objective studies show at least 85% hair reduction in as little as 3 treatments**. The first 4 treatments must be carried out every 2 weeks, after which you should already be able to see the desired results. To maintain your results, simply touch up every 4 weeks. After just 8 touch up treatments you can be hair-free for at least 3 months*. **Measured on legs, 67% out of 45 women reach 85% or higher results. *Median result 71% hair reduction on legs, after full treatment cycle (12 treatments), objective study on 48 women in the Netherland and Austria.
- Skin Tone Sensor & UV FilterThe integrated skin tone sensor measures the treated skin complexion at the beginning of each session and occasionally during the session. If it detects a skin tone that is too dark for this product it will automatically stop emitting pulses for a safe and effective result. Its integrated UV Filter is almost important protecting the skin from UV light.
- Application mode & Energy SettingsThe device features a slide and flash motion which enables easy motion application to make your treatment time as efficient as possible as well as a stamp and flash mode for treatment on curvy areas. It also features five light energy settings which can be adjusted manually, giving you complete control of the comfort level.
- FREE Lumea AppThe Lumea app is free to download and offers a unique and personalised IPL experience – just for you. It is your very own personal coach to ensure you are getting the most out of your Lumea and using it in the correct way to achieve long-lasting results. The app helps you create your personalised treatment schedule per body area, with tips and advice during each treatment. All you need to do is check the app regularly to make sure you are up to date with any notifications or reminders.
- IPL Device
- Storage Pouch
- User Manual
- Cleaning Cloth